do what makes you happy. be with who makes you smile. laugh as much as you breathe. love as long as you live.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Le Cold

It's all I can think about right now... I'm cold. I'm frozen. I think my nose has frost bite! Okay, it's not that bad, but for crying out loud! I thought I had tough skin from growing up in Utah winters. Turns out, one California summer is all it takes to turn you into a pansy that wants to drink hot cocoa and wear wool socks in 65 degree weather. I feel pathetic. In my defense though: we don't turn on our heater because our apartment doesn't hold the heat in, so in one month with the heater on, our utilities bill doubled. No thanks! So now we're living off a little heat dish that follows us around the apartment.

Any suggestions on how else to keep your home warm in the winter without driving your utility bill through the roof?! I've got my homemade bean bag that you can microwave (my absolute life saver for cold toes in bed), and I've heard of plastic wrap over windows to keep the cold out... anyone else heard of this? I may also try to make those door blockers that go across the bottom of your front door, I don't think our weather stripping really exists anymore.

Stay warm, wherever you may be!

No comments:

Post a Comment